Bank account bonuses are a great way to earn extra income. I’ve been using this strategy for years, regularly earning between $5,000 and $10,000 per year in bank account bonuses. This page contains what I think are easy bank account bonuses and is an excellent starting point for beginners.
If you want to learn more about bank account bonuses or learn more advanced tactics, be sure to check out my post: The Ultimate Guide to Bank Account Bonuses.
Bank Bonuses – Personal Bank Accounts
Here’s a list of personal bank account bonuses that are a good starting point for beginners.
- Chime ($100) – Chime is a free bank account that offers a referral bonus if you use a referral link and complete a direct deposit of $200 or more. In practice, any ACH transfer into this account triggers the bonus. This bonus is easy to earn and posts instantly, so you’ll know if you met the requirements as soon as you move money into the account. I wrote a step-by-step guide on how to earn your Chime referral bonus that I recommend you check out.
- Upgrade ($100) – Upgrade is a free checking account that’s currently offering a $100 referral bonus if you open an account and complete three debit card transactions. These bonus terms are easy to meet, so it’s well worth doing this bonus as soon as you can. Importantly, this bonus now says that it’s scheduled to end on October 31, 2022. As long as you get your account opened before October 31st, you should be eligible. Here’s a post I wrote with more details: Upgrade $100 Referral Bonus – Step By Step Directions.
- SoFi Money ($325) – SoFi Money is a free checking account from SoFi. They’re currently a $25 referral bonus if you open a SoFi Money account with a referral link. You can also make an additional $300 as well if you complete a direct deposit. This is a good bank that is also 100% free, so you won’t have to worry about managing this account. Here’s a post I wrote with instructions on how to earn your SoFi Money bonus: SoFi Money Referral Bonus: Step By Step Guide.
- Fifth Third Bank ($250) – This offer is limited to customers in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia, and South Carolina. If you don’t live in one of those states, you won’t be able to open an account online but you can still open an account in-branch if you happen to be visiting a city that has a branch. This is a fairly easy bank bonus to earn, especially since there are plenty of data points showing what will trigger the direct deposit requirement. In addition, you can open the Fifth Third Momentum Checking bank account, which comes with no monthly fees or minimum balance requirements. Read my guide on this bonus here.
- Current Bank ($50) – Current is a free fintech bank that’s offering new users a $50 referral bonus after signing up for an account using a referral link.Current is an easy bonus to earn and also gives you access to three savings accounts that pay you 4% interest on up to $2,000. That means you can put away up to $6,000 earning 4% interest. That’s very good and makes Current an account I recommend to everyone. Check out my step-by-step guide on how to earn your Current Bank bonus.
- OnJuno Bank ($100) – OnJuno is a fintech/neobank that is currently offering a $100 referral bonus if you open an account using a referral link and complete a direct deposit of $250 or more. The account has no fees or minimum balance requirements. Even better, the bonus posts immediately after you meet the requirements. If you can meet the direct deposit requirements, OnJuno is an easy bank bonus that’s worth snagging. Check out my OnJuno referral bonus guide here.
- Netspend ($20 + 5% Interest Savings Account) – Netspend is a company that provides 5% interest savings accounts. If you sign up using my referral link, you’ll get a $20 signup bonus once you make your first deposit into your Netspend account of $40 or more. That means you get a 5% interest savings account and a free $20 to start! Make sure to check out my in-depth guide on how to set up these accounts.
- Fairwinds Credit Union ($100) – Fairwinds Credit Union is offering a referral bonus for users that sign up using a referral link. Fairwinds has no fees or minimum balance, so this is a particularly easy bonus to earn. Since this is a smaller credit union, my gut instinct tells me this offer won’t be around long, so if you’re in a position to meet the bonus requirements, grab this bonus before it’s gone. Here is my step-by-step guide on how to earn your Fairwinds Credit Union bonus.
- One Finance ($50) – One Finance is a fintech bank that’s currently offering a $50 signup bonus if you open an account using a One Finance referral link and have a direct deposit of $250 or more. This is a completely free bank account with no minimum balance requirement, so if you can meet the requirements, it’s worth doing. Check out my One Finance referral bonus guide here.
- Varo Bank ($50) – Varo is a free fintech banking app similar to Chime or Current. It’s currently offering a $50 bonus to new users that open a new Varo account with a referral link. It has no fees or minimum balance requirements, so you don’t have to worry about managing the account. Check out my Varo referral bonus guide here.
- Spiral Bank ($50) – Spiral bank is a free fintech bank that’s currently offering new customers a $50 signup bonus after opening a free checking account with them. The Spiral referral bonus is especially good because it’s a free checking account and doesn’t require a direct deposit to earn the bonus. Read my step-by-step post to earn your Spiral referral bonus
- Albert ($150) – If you can manage to do a real direct deposit, Albert is an easy account you can use to earn a referral bonus. Here’s a review about Albert I wrote. And here’s a step-by-step guide on how to earn your Albert referral bonus.
Bank Bonuses – Business Bank Accounts
Business bank accounts are another option with some great bank bonuses. The only requirement to open these accounts is you need to have a side business of some sort. Any side hustle will do – you don’t usually need to have a formal business structure. Even doing Uber or DoorDash will qualify you for most business bank accounts.
- Novo Bank ($40) – Novo bank is a free business checking account that’s currently offering a $40 bonus if you open a Novo business checking account using a referral link. In addition to being a good bank bonus, Novo is also a good business checking account. It has no monthly fees or minimum balance requirements and operates a good app and website. Indeed, it’s the business checking account I currently use for this blog. Check out my post on how to easily open a Novo account.
There are a lot of free investing apps offering great signup bonuses if you open an account with a referral link. Here are some of the best options.
- M1 Finance ($10) – This is a great robo-advisor that has no fees and allows you to create a customized portfolio based on your risk tolerance. You also get $50 for opening an account. Check out my M1 Finance Referral Bonus – Step-By-Step Guide.
- SoFi Invest ($25) – SoFi Invest is an easy brokerage account bonus that you can earn with just a few minutes of work. Use my SoFi Invest referral link, fund your SoFi Invest brokerage account with $100 and you’ll get $25 of free stock. I also have a step-by-step guide for the SoFi Invest referral bonus.
- Moomoo (10 free stocks) – Moomoo is a free investing app currently offering 5 free stocks (usually worth around $75-$100) if you open an account using a referral link and deposit $2,000. Read my Moomoo referral bonus guide for more information.
- Webull (6 free stock) – Webull also gives you a free stock valued between $2.50-$1,400 if you open an account using my referral link. Here’s a guide I wrote about how to earn your free stocks using Webull.
- Robinhood (1 free stock) – Robinhood gives you a free stock valued between $2.50-$225 if you open an account using my referral link.
- Public (1 free stock) – Public gives you a free stock valued between $3-$70 if you open an account using my referral link.
Cash Back Apps
Cashback apps offer a way to earn passive income for the money you’re probably already spending. Below are some great cashback app options. Also, here’s a post I’ve written with the best cashback apps.
- Rakuten (formerly Ebates) ($30) – Rakuten is pretty much a no-brainer Google Chrome extension that everyone should have in their browser. With Rakuten, you get cashback on almost any purchase you make online – typically around 2-5% back, but often more depending on the store and the time of year. If you use my link, Rakuten will give you a $30 signup bonus once you signup and make your first purchase using the Rakuten browser extension!
- Upromise ($30) – Upromise tracks your credit card spending in the background and then gives you cashback on eligible purchases. The main difference from other cashback apps is that you’re supposed to use the cashback that you earn through Upromise to pay student loans or to fund 529 plans. Use my link and receive a $5.29 bonus when you sign up and $25 when you link a 529 plan.
In this section, I’ve listed a few non-bank options offering signup bonuses if you sign up using a referral link. Check them out below.