Bank account bonuses are a great way to earn extra income. I’ve been using this strategy for years, regularly earning between $5,000 and $10,000 per year in bank account bonuses. This page contains what I think are easy bank account bonuses and is an excellent starting point for beginners.
If you want to learn more about bank account bonuses or learn more advanced tactics, be sure to check out my post: The Ultimate Guide to Bank Account Bonuses.
Cash Back Apps
Cashback apps offer a way to earn passive income for the money you’re probably already spending. Below are some great cashback app options. Also, here’s a post I’ve written with the best cashback apps.
- Rakuten (formerly Ebates) ($30) – Rakuten is pretty much a no-brainer Google Chrome extension that everyone should have in their browser. With Rakuten, you get cashback on almost any purchase you make online – typically around 2-5% back, but often more depending on the store and the time of year. If you use my link, Rakuten will give you a $30 signup bonus once you signup and make your first purchase using the Rakuten browser extension!
- Upromise ($30) – Upromise tracks your credit card spending in the background and then gives you cashback on eligible purchases. The main difference from other cashback apps is that you’re supposed to use the cashback that you earn through Upromise to pay student loans or to fund 529 plans. Use my link and receive a $5.29 bonus when you sign up and $25 when you link a 529 plan.
In this section, I’ve listed a few non-bank options offering signup bonuses if you sign up using a referral link. Check them out below.
- Arcadia Power ($25) – If you’re interested in signing up for Arcadia Power, be sure to use this referral link. You’ll get $25 towards your first utility bill after you link your electric utility account to Arcadia Power. See my Arcadia Power Review here.
Here is an easy $200 bonus from Wells Fargo Bank.
1. Open a new Wells Fargo consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 by December 31, 2021. All account applications are subject to approval.
2. Within 90 calendar days of account opening (the “qualification period”), receive a total of $1,000 or more in qualifying direct deposits to your new checking account.
o A qualifying direct deposit is an ACH (Automated Clearing House) automatic electronic deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular income into your bank account. Confirm with your employer or the agency or company making these payments that they use the ACH network.
o Transfers from one account to another, mobile deposits, or deposits made at a banking location, or ATM don’t qualify as a direct deposit.
• Once the 90-day qualification period has elapsed, we will determine if you have met the offer requirements, and will deposit any earned bonus into your new checking account within 30 days.
• The new checking account must remain open throughout the 90-day qualification period and at the time we attempt to deposit any earned bonus payment. Please note that an account with a zero balance may be closed by us without prior notice, as further described in the Deposit Account Agreement.
• You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes due on the bonus and we will report as income to the tax authorities if required by applicable law. Consult your tax advisor.
I opened it with $500 to avoid any fees. Please be sure to read the fine print from the link.
Also, PNC has a juicy $400 bank promotion or a $250 promotion that I am going to open in 2 weeks.
Need direct deposit of $5,000 dollars in 60 days- BUT…need to maintain $5,000 daily balance to score $400 bucks! Lower requirements for the $250 bonus.
Special notes on these bonuses: Wells Fargo requirement is 12 months from when you last obtained a bonus from them, and PNC has a 24 month waiting period from your last bonus.
Wow, thanks for putting this together!
Seems like if I just spent some time throughout the course of the week doing this, I can capture over $1K in value. Not bad.
Angie, to be successful at Bank Promotions, you need to write in MS Word, the date you opened the account at the bank, the date the bank promotion was paid and the date you closed the account. Keep this information so you know when you can go back to the same bank.
When you are ready to search for current bank promotions, I Google Bank Promotions and the current month and year, such as Bank Promotions November 2021. There are some really good sites.
Bank promotions in 2020 was $2790. 2021 is close to $4,000!!!
David @ Filled With Money says
Wow. This is a solid $1,000 in bonuses right there just for signing up. Companies are throwing money at people these days!
i just want to warn about Current. I received my referral bonus at signupp after meeting requirements, but I have since referred 3 people who met requirements and I’m assured of it because I assisted them with setup and Current confirmed direct deposit received but claimed they didnt use my referral code. Again I knew this to not be true because it was my daughter and fiancee so I actually helped them with the setup. After Current didnt pay the first 2, I tried one more time, referring someone else and customer service rep claimed we’ werent eligible with out even taking details to further investigate the person’s account. I only kept the account open for referrals so I will be closing today. Not worth the hassle and explanation to friends and family when they dont honor.
Deronda Horton says
Just an update… Just on principle. I escalated this to the BBB for banks and promptly received payment for all referrals and those that were referred received payment as well.
The DCU bonus is now $20, not $100. You may want to update the blog.
Financial Panther says
Thanks for the update.
John D Phillips says
Is this blog still active?
Financial Panther says
John D Phillips says
Thank you! Signed up for newsletter and used many of your referral codes.