SoFi Invest is a free brokerage account from SoFi that allows users to invest in stocks and ETFs with no commission fees. They are currently offering new users $25 worth of free stock after opening a SoFi Invest account using a referral link. To earn your SoFi Invest referral bonus, you have to do the following:
- Open a SoFi Invest account using a referral link (here is my referral link).
- Fund your account with at least $10.
- You’ll earn $25 worth of free stock after meeting the above two requirements.
It’s important to note that the bonus terms do not require you to invest the money that you fund into your SoFi Invest account. You only have to fund your SoFi invest account with $10 to earn the $25 SoFi Invest referral bonus. Since you don’t have to invest the money you put into your SoFi Invest account, this makes the SoFi Invest referral bonus an easy one to earn.
In the rest of this post, I’ll briefly explain what SoFi Invest is and go into more detail about how to earn your SoFi Invest referral bonus.
What Is SoFi invest?
As previously mentioned, SoFi Invest is a free brokerage account from SoFi that allows users to trade stocks and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) with no fees or commissions.
SoFi Invest has several forms of investment accounts that all go under the SoFi Invest umbrella. These include the following:
- SoFi Active Invest. This account allows you to invest in individual stocks and ETFs. You can invest in fractional shares as well, which makes this a useful account since you can get your money working for you sooner. I think of SoFi Active Invest as similar to Robinhood and Webull, with the added benefit that it allows you to buy fractional shares instead of having to buy whole shares.
- SoFi Automated Investing. This account is a roboadvisor that automatically invests your money in a diversified portfolio of ETFs based on your risk tolerance and time horizon.
- SoFi Crypto Investing. This account allows you to invest in cryptocurrency.
I think SoFi Invest is a good brokerage account with options that will work for most investors. As long as you understand how to invest, you likely can’t go wrong with any of these accounts.
That being said, for our purposes, we’re looking to fund the SoFi Active Invest account to earn our referral bonus. Here’s how to do it.
SoFi Invest Referral Bonus Step-By-Step Directions
Even if you have no interest in using SoFi Invest as a brokerage account, I think it’s still worth opening an account just to collect the referral bonus. SoFi Invest has no fees, so you can easily open an account, earn your bonus, then take your money out.
Importantly, earning your SoFi Invest referral bonus doesn’t require you to invest the money – you only have to fund your SoFi Invest account. After you do that, you can simply leave your money as cash in the account so you don’t risk any loss.
With that information out of the way, here’s what you need to do to earn your SoFi Invest referral bonus.
1. Open a SoFi Active Invest account using a referral link. The first thing you need to do is open a SoFi Invest account using a referral link. Here’s my SoFi Invest referral link. Be sure to open the active investing account, which is the account you need to qualify for the bonus.
2. Fund Your Account With $10 Or More. Next, deposit $10 or more into your new SoFi Invest account. Remember that you don’t have to invest the money you fund into your account. If you prefer, you can leave it as cash, which you can then withdraw later.
3. You’ll Get $25 Worth Of Stock Within 10 Days. You’ll get $25 worth of free stock that you can invest in any company on SoFi invest. Examples of stocks you can get are Amazon, Tesla, Disney, Apple, Nike, and more.
Refer Your Friends For Additional Bonuses
When you open a SoFi Invest account, you’ll also get your own SoFi Invest referral link that you can use to refer your friends and family members. This allows you to earn more referral bonuses by referring people you know and having them follow the same steps.
To find your referral link, open the SoFi app, then click the icon at the top left corner of the app. It should be the picture of yourself that you upload when you download the app. This will bring you to the main settings page, where you’ll find your SoFi Invest referral link. You can also refer people to other SoFi products and earn referral bonuses for those (for example, you’ll earn a bonus if you refer someone to SoFi Money or refer someone to download the SoFi app).
If you want to earn additional referral bonuses, consider sending your friends and family your SoFi Invest referral link and walk them through the process. You can also refer them to this post if they need more information.
SoFi Invest is an easy brokerage account bonus that is worth taking advantage of while it’s available. If you’re a two-person household, you can easily open a SoFi Invest account for yourself and earn $25, then refer your spouse or partner for another $50. They’ll also earn $25 for opening an account with your link. Together, that’s $100 of free stock for a few minutes of work.
SoFi recently became a public company, so I suspect that these sorts of referral bonuses won’t last forever. That means you should earn these bonuses while you can. And since SoFi Invest doesn’t charge any fees, it’s an easy account to open and manage. You should keep your SoFi Invest account open so you can refer more people too.