Is DoorDash busy at night? This is a broad question with no single correct answer, but in general, DoorDash should usually be busy at night. However, this depends primarily on what day of the week it is and what time of the night you choose to Dash.
In this post, we’ll take a closer look at the question of “Is DoorDash busy at night,” and consider some tips and strategies you can use to maximize your earnings.
Is DoorDash Busy At Night?
There are some basic principles when it comes to determining whether DoorDash is busy at night. These include the following:
- DoorDash tends to be busiest during dinner hours, typically between 5 pm and 8 pm. If you want to maximize your earnings at night, these are the hours you should target.
- DoorDash is busier at night during weekends, particularly on Friday and Saturday nights.
- If you plan to Dash at night, you’ll want to stay in areas that have a lot of restaurants open at night. During the late night hours, that likely means fast food restaurants, as those are the restaurants that tend to have late hours (think places like McDonald’s, Taco Bell, etc).
- If you are working late at night, you have a higher chance of having to deal with forgetful or intoxicated customers. This can lead to wasted time where, for example, a customer orders food, then falls asleep, or doesn’t answer their phone when you arrive.
- In addition, working late at night can also lead to long wait times at some restaurants, since certain restaurants tend to have long lines at night and only allow customers to use the drive-thru. You’ll want to be aware of this, as this can dramatically impact your earnings if you’re forced to wait for orders to be ready.
Tips And Strategies If You’re Dashing At Night
The best strategy you can have when it comes to Dashing at night is to multi-app. Giving yourself the most delivery options possible is key, so if you are able to, you should sign up for all of the other major food delivery apps and turn them all on at once. Here’s a guide I wrote on multi-apping that can help you if you’re trying to understand how to do it.
The other tip for you is to be familiar with the restaurants in your area. Certain restaurants will be notoriously slow at night and you’ll want to do your best to avoid picking up orders from those restaurants. This will take time and experience, but over time, you’ll learn which restaurants to avoid. For example, in my neighborhood, I always avoid orders from a specific Chipotle, a specific McDonald’s, and Popeyes. I’ve never had orders go smoothly from these particular restaurants, so it’s not worth it to take those orders.
Ultimately, DoorDash can be busy at night. Depending on your schedule, working at night might be the best (or only) option for you. For me, I avoid working late at night because I don’t want to deal with slow restaurants and unresponsive customers. When I do work at night, it’s exclusively during the dinner hours when I know I can maximize my earnings.