Does Uber Eats take Apple Pay? The answer is that yes, Uber Eats does take Apple Pay. To use Apply Pay as a payment method, you’ll need to set up Apple Pay in your Uber Eats app. It isn’t difficult to do and should only take a few minutes.
In this post, we’ll look at how to set up Apple Pay in Uber Eats and briefly look at other ways you can pay for your Uber Eats order as well.
Does Uber Eats Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Uber Eats does take Apple Pay. To set up Apple Pay in your Uber Eats app, you’ll first need to make sure you have Apple Pay set up on your phone. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to add Apple Pay as a payment method in your Uber Eats app.
To add Apple Pay as a payment method, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Account” screen in your Uber Eats app. You’ll find this screen in the bottom right corner of the app.
- Next, click on “Wallet” in the account section. You should find this section in the top row of the page.
- From there, scroll toward the bottom of the screen and click on “Add Payment Method.”
- Then, add Apple Pay as your payment method.
That’s it! When you’re ready to pay for your order, make sure that Apple Pay is selected as your payment method. The whole process should take you a few seconds to complete.
Be aware that if you have Uber Eats credits in your account, Uber will automatically use those credits first unless you specifically opt not to use your credit. Make sure you do this if you don’t want to use your credits. In addition, Uber Eats will often opt to use other payment methods by default, so again, if you want to use Apple Pay, be sure to either delete your other payment methods or make sure that Apple Pay is selected when you pay for your order.
Other Payment Methods You Can Use
Beyond Apple Pay, Uber Eats also accepts the following payment methods:
- Credit Cards or Debit Cards. You can add as many cards as you like. It’s also easy to remove cards from your account if needed.
- PayPal. Link your PayPal account to Uber Eats and you’ll be able to use your PayPal funds to pay for your orders.
- Venmo. This works the same way as Paypal. Link your Venmo account to Uber Eats and you can use your Venmo account to pay for your Uber Eats orders.
- Uber Eats Gift Cards. If you have an Uber Eats gift card, you can add it to your account and use it to pay for orders.
- CVS Pharmacy. This is an odd payment method, but apparently, you can add funds to your CVS Pharmacy account, then use those funds to pay for your order. I’m not sure why you would do this, but it is an option.
Payment Methods That Uber Eats Does Not Accept
There are two payments that people often ask about that Uber Eats does not accept. The first payment method is cash. As of the time I’m writing this, in the United States, you cannot pay for your Uber Eats orders with cash. You can tip your drivers with cash if you want, but it’s usually best to tip in the app so that your order gets picked up by a driver (see Do Uber Eats Drivers See Tip? and No One is Picking Up My DoorDash Order – Why This Happens And What You Can Do).
Second, Uber Eats does not provide an option to pay for orders using Cash App. Uber Eats does work with other digital payment methods such as PayPal and Venmo, but there is no option to link Cash App at this time. If you wanted to use your Cash App account, you could link your Cash Card to Uber Eats and then pay for your order using that.
Uber Eats accepts Apple Pay as a payment method. It’s a good option to use since you can manage all your cards in your Apple Wallet and avoid having to link all your cards in the Uber Eats app at the same time. It’s how I usually pay for my orders since I find it easier than individually adding all of my cards.
If you want to simplify your Uber Eats orders, using Apple Pay can make a lot of sense.